Saturday, March 9, 2013

Adoption party

Everybody wanted to know all about the adoption party so here goes. They do it about every four months. They try and get as many kids up for adoption together and throw a party pretty much. This one was a carnival. There was food, games, face painting, everything. You get there before the kids and look thru the adopt book with info on the kids and any problems they have. If you are interested in any of them you can talk to their case worker and learn a little more about them. Then you can meet the kids. We had talked a head of time about thinking about older kids. 4-8 instead of being stuck on baby baby baby. The more we go thru this infertility stuff the more I just want to be a mom.

We met all the kids on our list and were told it's better to pick two to three so you have a better chance of getting the kid you really want then one that you didn't met or that you liked so so. We signed up for a little boy 9 years old. That kinda freaks me out but he was so sweet and you can tell he feels unwanted and it just breaks your heart. Chris just loved him and they bonded. Then we also put down a sibling group of a 4 yr old girl, 5 yr old boy and 7 yr old girl. They were SOOO cute. They were i don't know how to say little, like short and looked younger then there age. Kinda reminded me of my nieces. I just feel in love. I know theres a good chance we wont be picked for either and well keep waiting but it was a good experience. I can understand why they do it. You meet kids outside your age range and you talk to them and fall in love and pick kids that you might not have picked if you hadn't met them.

Update on me, just spotting brown but nothing bad. Had slight cramping in the am but I think it's just growing pains. I'm trying to just hang in till Monday and hopefully they can tell me whats going on. I'm really over all the fertility crap. I just want to be a mom!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry things are still in limbo- hoping you know more soon.

    The adoption party sounds amazing! What a novel idea. I'm glad you went and got to meet those kids. Hopefully something unexpected will come from it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that sounds like a great idea. You never know what will end up happening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know what you meant by adoption party so I'm glad you explained. I sibling group of 3 would be crazy but also an instant family. I hope you get some answers this week as to what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea they did such a thing. My husband and I just started talking about traditional adoption, and specifically about the idea of older child adoption. I, like you, just want to be a mom already. I think this would be a great way to meet kids.

    I am late to comment, but I just wanted to tell you I am very sorry for your loss. *hug*

    ReplyDelete