Monday, February 21, 2011

Welcome ICLWers + Birthday

Welcome ICLW. I hope you can relate/understand my blog and I can entertain you if only for a few minutes a day. If you want to know my story it's under my story.

Today is my 25th Birthday. I keep telling myself it's just another birthday but all I want to do is cry. I know your all going to say that at least I have time on my side but I don't feel that way. It's just another year/birthday that I don't have a family to celebrate with. I know I have Chris and I love him, even though he doesn't even realize that I'm sad or that it's after midnight and therefore my birthday. I just want a baby. Every birthday I feel like I freak out more and more.

All I can think is my mom didn't have babies after 28 and I'm just another year closer. I know that thats stupid and fertility treatments have come along way in the last 20 years but it still really freaks me out. I just feel like we are quickly running out of time. I know I sound so stupid and dumb right now but I'm just really sad.

10 comments:

  1. Happy Bday! I'm 34 on Sunday so I'm affraid if you are running out of time, what the hell do you think of me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday you young thing! I'll be turning 28 here in a few months. (I hope to be pregnant by then but we'll just have to see.)

    May you have a great year full of happiness and babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't sound stupid at all! I will be 25 in two weeks and that thought makes me so sad. Don't let anyone tell you that you are still young, you have plenty of time, etc... This birthday can be very depressing if you had things that you wanted to have done by now. Keep your head up and try to really celebrate your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! And I know it's another year, but you ARE a youngin even if it doesn't feel like it. Don't put too much pressure on yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday! i know 25 sounds old when it's you and you've wanted a baby for so long, but you really do have a lot of time. we started TTC when i was 21 and i'll be 30 this summer. i can definitely hear that biological clock ticking. anyway, don't let this get you down on your day! get out there and celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! May this year be THE one!!!
    I know how you feel, I wanted to have kids even BEFORE I met my DH, and we are together for almost 10 years now. When we started TTC (I was 26) I was driving myself crazy thinking that I was losing time with every month AF would arrive. I am much calmer now. But I know in my heart that it will happen and we are doing everything to make it happen, so why stress. (talk to me when I start my second IVF :) ) anyways, happy birthday again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday. Thanks for your kind words.

    I have been saying for the past 3 years that 25 is the perfect age, enjoy it!! Try not to let the other things in life get you down. I can relate to how hard it is to hear "at least you're still young." I just heard it on Friday after devastating news. It doesn't matter that I'm still young, I want babies NOW!! Right??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your support on my blog. It helps so much knowing I am not alone on this crazy journey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi from ICLW!

    I totally understand how you feel about birthdays and you're definitely not dumb for feeling like that! It's tough to be reminded of the passing of time, no matter what age you are. I hope you were still able to have a good one! Lots of luck...

    ReplyDelete
  10. ICLW

    I had a birthday last week too. I know exactly what you're feeling - someday we'll get the birthdays we want.

    ReplyDelete