Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What have I done?

After reading blog and being so mad I (stupidly) posted it on Facebook, mostly because a lot of my friends like Ron Paul. Little did I know that everybody was gonna freak out about IVF and how they don't agree with me. I'm at a loss for words. I'm so emotionally invested that it was hard for me to nicely ask what their problem with it was. I emailed one of them and asked and she responds with she wouldn't bind what she thinks on anybody she just doesn't agree with IUI or IVF...WHAT? I can understand that some people have a problem with left over embryos so that I can see. I believe in IVF but whats wrong with IUI??

I really wasn't prepared for the comments and for so many people to be so against IVF and IUI. It makes me sad and makes me want to close myself off and hind about being infertile. It makes me wish I hadn't been so open because I'm really upset by the lack of support. Then again they don't know were about to start IUI so how can I be upset. I so badly want to pick up the phone and call somebody and talk to feel better but nobody knows where doing IUI so what do I do?

I'm just so glad I have all of you and that you understand! Thank you for always being there and having something nice to say.

7 comments:

  1. It's not anybody's business if you are doing IUI or IVF. That was the reason that DH & I kept our IF struggles to a very close circle of family and friends. I don't want to be judged, but more importantly, I don't want my kids to be judged just because of the way they were conceived.
    I truly cannot understand what people's problem is with IUI - it is as close to the natural thing as you can get.
    My advice, just try to ignore the stupid comments, and if possible find someone who is on the same page as you are. I think in the US there are support groups, and if I remember correctly it is called Resolve (mind you I am not in US, this is something that I've read on other blogs).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to open yourself up and get attacked for it - especially over an issue that is already so private and personal. Props to you for standing behind what you believe in, you are brave and strong! I am really sorry that you didn't find the support that you'd hoped for... I may not be your facebook friend, but do know that I stand with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so so sorry you had such a negative reaction when you posted this on FB. I think I'm going to post it now and see what happens. I know that my husband and closest family are on board (and my closest friends), no one else really matters, imo.
    *big hugs* You are right, we here in the blog world do understand and get it. Sometimes IUIs and IVFs are needed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a yuck you had to deal with backlash on something so personal and emotional... So many people don't understand our struggles/journeys. You always have us to turn to... we are here for you!

    ***edited to fix something I misspelled!***

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet those people would change their mind in a heartbeat if they were suddenly IF! They just don't get it! Only my close family and friends know and we are lucky they are all understanding and glad we are doing something to get the family we want. I am sorry you had to go through that. I hope some day you get the IRL support you need. Till then and on we will be here for you. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete