Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I have no words

I got a call from the doctor and DH test came. It was really bad.

Normal HBA count is 80%, they'll do IUI with a count as low as 40%, but sadly DH is 11%.

They said chances of getting pregnant on our own is pretty much none, less than 1% with IUI. They want us to move on to IVF which we can't afford but does give us a 75%, 80% chance of pregnancy. We could also do with Donor Sperm which gives us a 75% chance with IUI.

This is a lot of take in. I feel so bad for DH and the poor amazing man was worried about me being upset about having to wait a couple months to move forward, worried I'd be mad at him. Man I love him!! I just feel bad for him and don't want him to blame himself because I don't!!!

I'm just at a loss right now.

9 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that, thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, thank you for stopping by my blog today.

    I am so sorry to hear the news about your DH. My husband has male factor sterility and it is devastating for men to deal with infertility.

    We are in the process of doing our second donor sperm IUI. If you have any questions, please let me know.

    Thinking of you and so sorry you got this news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear this news. I hope you guys can talk things out and come up with a plan that you both are happy with. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh... I'm so sad for you :( What devastating news to have to deal with. I'll be thinking of you!!! Thanks for your comment today, it really made me feel better. And although I'm not happy your IUI got canceled... I'm grateful, I'm not the only one. Lol. Wishing you a better tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs. We had been given statistics like that as well. A 1-3percent chance to ever get pregnant naturally. It was devastating. Ivf was not something we could afford. We moved towards adopting and after having a child placed with us bam Im pregnant. Miracles do happen. Hang in there.Where there is a will there is a way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm here anytime you need it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry you got this news. I hope you two can come together and figure out a new plan. Wishing you got better news today : (

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry for this not good news. I hope you can get your DH to understand you're not mad at him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry. I hope you guys can talk and he understand you are not mad at him. I know how upsetting it is when your Hubby thinks you are mad because of male factor. Keeping you two in my thoughts and pryers. Hugz!

    ReplyDelete